Boneshaker is HIRING this Summer!
Boneshaker Project seeks Summer office interns and Summer Camp Counselors to join our fun, energetic and active team! Both positions are paid, and we are accepting rolling applications now. Don’t miss the opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives this summer, and have fun while doing it!
Headquartered in Downtown Austin, we are a small, energetic team that works to inspire kids to lead healthy, active lives. We produce grassroots programs in Austin focused on cycling/fitness in parks, community centers, elementary schools and middle schools. We work with city officials, community partners, other non-profits and sponsors/donors. This paid internship can be as few as 10 hours a week or as many as 20, depending on your interest, class credit needs and availability. We are flexible with times, although we may occasionally require weekend work. The internship will be fun, challenging, and offer a great combination of exposure to nonprofit work that operates under self-driven, entrepreneurial practices.
Start dates: flexible
Hours: 10-20 hours a week, some weekends may be required
Location: Boneshaker Offices (Downtown)
Questions? Please email Alex Ecenia, Operations Director, email@example.com
Interested parties will be subject to a background check as required by our insurance carrier.
Interested students are invited to apply here.
Summer Camp Counselors
Thank you for your interest in joining us this summer as a Camp Counselor at NLand Surf Park! This role will be outdoors, include all kinds of fitness activities and creativity, and leave you feeling like you’ve influenced the lives of 30 kids (because you will have!).
- Counselor duties: supervise 30 Waveshakers (campers) ages 8-14 and lead them in outdoor physical activities such as biking, running, games, yoga and other fitness activities. Lunch will be provided for you from Blue Prairie daily.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older to apply.
- Applicants must be CPR certified, agree to background checks, and have mastered swimming and biking skills.
- Applicants must have their own transportation to NLand Surf Park.
- Counselors will be expected to work a full 40-hour week (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm). Camp dates are June 19-23, July 17-21, and August 14-18.
- Counselors will be expected to complete a 3-hour paid training prior to June 19th.
- All Counselors will be paid $15/hour and will be required to submit a timesheet.
*Please note: all camp surfing will occur under the supervision and leadership of NLand Surf Staff. Position as a Summer Camp Counselor does not guarantee access to surfing.
Interested in joining us? Apply HERE.
Questions? Please email Alex Ecenia, firstname.lastname@example.org.